We are pleased to announce a new online service for our patients, DoctorLink
The Practice Furzedown and a number of other local practices are working with Wandsworth CCG to trial this new online symptom assessment service with the aim of increasing patient's access to primary care and increasing advice and information available to them regarding minor illness and ongoing conditions.
What does DoctorLink do?
- Allows you to seek clinically approved medical advice around the clock through signposting patients to the correct care setting for their care needs, first time around. DoctorLink also provides advice on how to best self-manage your symptoms.
- Allows you to book an appointment with the surgery, if a face to face or telephone consultation be required. Please note, this is only suitable for patients aged over 3 years of age.
- DoctorLink can be accessed from any laptop, mobile phone or tablet device, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any location. As DoctorLink is accessible 24/7 it is able to cater for both in and out of hours scenarios directing patients to the most appropriate place (pharmacy/dental/GP Service/A&E).
How does DoctorLink work?
- Patients accessing the surgery online looking for an urgent or same day appointment will be clinically triaged using a symptom assessment tool where patients are asked a series of clinical questions based on their concern/illness.
- The surgery team then receives a copy of the symptom assessment highlighting the required action needed (for example, a same day appointment with a GP) and contact you with an appropriate appointment.
To begin to use this great new service, please click here to register.